My story of healing, from illness to passion and compassion – Erika Novak
Being diagnosed with Lyme disease was a relief at first; I thought at least I know what I have! However after trying numerous different treatments unsuccessfully, I began to realize the battle is not so easy. I spent many hours researching, trying different things, getting excited and getting let down. I was determined to find an answer. Finally I came across a fellow acupuncturist / chiropractor on the east coast Dr. Zev Myerowitz who was having 90% success rate treating Lyme and co-infections with Homeopathy and Chinese Herbal Medicine. So I contacted him immediately. I was in luck, he was coming to San Diego and we agreed to meet. He showed me his unique approach for testing the state of the meridians and testing for infections with Meridian Energy Analysis Device and Reflex-E System. He discovered that Lyme disease creates a specific meridian pattern. I ended up testing positive for 6 infections.
I started treatment for Borellia, Babesia, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, EBV and Candida. As I started to improve, I got so excited about this method that I flew out and got trained in this technique. This was also very helpful for monitoring my own progress and discovering my body was harboring biotoxins from environmental mold exposure. After clearing all 6 infections over a 6 month period, my meridian testing showed that I was full of toxins, so through testing I discovered mold was an issue. This led me to discover a whole new world of Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome due to biotoxins. I investigated my living environment and discovered unacceptable mold levels; additionally, a genetic test showed susceptibility to mold toxins. We moved our home and started treating with homeopathic mold remedy and detox program. The reward was my meridian testing finally normalized and I started feeling like my old self again!
I’m forever grateful to Dr. Myerowitz for his generosity and for sharing his knowledge. It is now my turn to give back to the community. It is my passion to help people in similar situations that battle the difficulty of diagnosing and treating Lyme and mold related illnesses and make a difference in their lives.
Unique precise powerful natural approach of treating Lyme Disease.
One of the most important aspects of developing a Lyme Disease treatment protocol is to strengthen and restore the immune system. Lyme Disease bacteria and associated neurotoxins are immunosuppressive. Since homeopathy stimulates the body’s response to the disease, it is basically able to “jump start” the immune system to engage in the fight against the infection. It gets right to the root of the issue not by generically boosting the whole immune system, but instead, by specifically targeting immune functions that relate exactly to the disease at hand.
DesBio Series kits regulate antibody production, upregulate immune response, re-pattern the body’s energy pathways, minimize clearing reaction, get better effects with multiple potencies and reverse dilutions, enforced by ultra-high potency follow-up support. One can expect positive outcomes for both chronic and acute infections. This is one of the most powerful homeopathic approaches to infection available.
First step to determining individualized protocol is determining what co-infections are also present.
As most Lyme patients already know, Borellia never seems to come alone. Tick bites can transmit numerous other bacteria and viruses, like Bartonella, Babesia, Mycoplasma, Coxsackie, Nanobacterium, Parvovirus, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Valley Fever. In addition one’s system may harbor Brucella, Candida, C. Difficile, Cytomegalovirus, Epstein Barr Virus, H.Pylori, SIBO, Hepatitis, Herpes Simplex, Herpes Zoster, Streptococcus, Toxoplasma Gondii, Chlamydia, Condylomata (HPV).
Initial testing via Acupuncture points takes about an hour, until satisfactory balance is achieved with Chinese herbs and homeopathic remedies. Patient receives a daily protocol to follow for a month at a time. A series kit contains 10 vials, labeled 1-10 taken once every three days (one kit lasts 30 days). A full protocol includes two series kits, one taken in ascending order (1-10) during first 30 days, then one in descending order (10-1) during second 30 days.
It is necessary to retest every 30 days to check if there are any changes need to be made. Depending on the length of the illness and number of co-infections, treatment generally takes 2-6 months.
Lyme Disease Symptoms
Many Lyme symptoms, such as fatigue, cognitive impairment, joint pain, poor sleep, mood problems, muscle pain, and neurological presentations also occur in other diseases. Hence, the symptoms of Lyme disease significantly overlap those of chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, depression and Alzheimer’s disease. Many Lyme patients report being misdiagnosed with a different condition before being properly diagnosed with Lyme disease.
Also symptoms of Biotoxin illness greatly overlap with the symptoms of Lyme Disease.
Head, Face, Neck
- Facial paralysis (like Bell’s palsy)
- Tingling of nose, cheek, or face
- Stiff neck
- Sore throat, swollen glands
- Heightened allergic sensitivities
- Twitching of facial/other muscles
- Jaw pain/stiffness (like TMJ)
- Change in smell, taste
- Upset stomach (nausea, vomiting)
- Irritable bladder
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Loss of appetite, anorexia
- Difficulty breathing Night sweats or unexplained chills
- Heart palpitations
- Diminished exercise tolerance
- Heart block, murmur
- Chest pain or rib soreness
- Mood swings, irritability, agitation
- Depression and anxiety
- Personality changes
- Aggressive behavior / impulsiveness
- Suicidal thoughts
- Overemotional reactions, crying easily
- Disturbed sleep: too much, too little, difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Suspiciousness, paranoia, hallucinations
- Feeling as though you are losing your mind
- Obsessive-compulsive behavior
- Bipolar disorder/manic behavior
- Schizophrenic-like state, including hallucinations
- Forgetfulness, memory loss (short or long term)
- Poor school or work performance
- Attention deficit problems, distractibility
- Confusion, difficulty thinking
- Difficulty with concentration, reading, spelling
- Disorientation: getting or feeling lost
- Reproduction and Sexuality
- Unexplained menstrual pain, irregularity
- Reproduction problems, miscarriage, premature birth
- Extreme PMS symptoms
- Testicular or pelvic pain
- Double or blurry vision, vision changes
- Wandering or lazy eye
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Oversensitivity to light
- Eye pain or swelling around eyes
- Floaters/spots in the line of sight
- Red eyes
- Decreased hearing
- Ringing or buzzing in ears
- Sound sensitivity
- Pain in ears
- Joint pain, swelling, or stiffness
- Shifting joint pains
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Poor muscle coordination, loss of reflexes
- Loss of muscle tone, muscle weakness
- Numbness in body, tingling, pinpricks
- Burning/stabbing sensations in the body
- Burning in feet
- Weakness or paralysis of limbs
- Tremors or unexplained shaking
- Seizures, stroke
- Poor balance, dizziness, difficulty walking
- Increased motion sickness, wooziness
- Lightheadedness, fainting
- Encephalopathy (cognitive impairment from brain involvement)
- Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain)
- Meningitis (inflammation of the protective membrane around the brain)
- Encephalomyelitis (inflammation of the brain and spinal cord)
- Academic or vocational decline
- Difficulty with multitasking
- Difficulty with organization and planning
- Auditory processing problems
- Word finding problems
- Slowed speed of processing
- Benign tumor-like nodules
- Erythema Migrans (rash)
- Decreased interest in play (children)
- Extreme fatigue, tiredness, exhaustion
- Unexplained fevers (high or low grade)
- Flu-like symptoms (early in the illness)
- Symptoms seem to change, come and go
Symptoms of Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome from Biotoxins
WHAT ARE BIOTOXINS?
Biotoxins are certain “bad” fungi (commonly called molds), dinoflagellates, cyanobacteria, spirochetes, apicomplexans, and mycotoxins. Biotoxin Illness is often called “Mold Illness” because “mold” is the most common catalyst. Not all molds are dangerous. In fact, we need mold to compost our gardens, flavor our blue cheese and produce penicillin. There are many more good varieties of mold than harmful varieties. However, there are some dangerous kinds of mold, especially for those individuals who can’t make antibodies against them. These harmful molds include aspergillus penicillioides, aspergillus versicolor, chaetomium globosum, stachybotrys chartarum (commonly called “black mold”) and wallemia sebi. Most people who are exposed to these bad molds may feel unwell but will recover quickly when they are no longer exposed to the harmful molds. The immune system uses antibodies to remove these biotoxins from the body with no long term ill effects. For individuals who can’t make antibodies against these biotoxins, long term illness will result.
WHAT IS CIRS – CHRONIC INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE SYNDROME?
We are all exposed daily to bacteria, viruses and toxins in our environment. Our bodies have amazingly effective immune systems which activate when exposed to bacteria, viruses and biological toxins (or “biotoxins.”) We are all familiar with immunizations which help our bodies fight some particularly nasty illnesses. When our immune systems activate, we create antibodies to rid ourselves of the foreign invaders.
Everyone gets one immune response gene from each parent. There are 54 immune response genes in humans. Six of those 54 gene types do not have a “pattern” to make antibodies to biotoxins. Consequently, some human immune systems are unable to make antibodies to certain biotoxins found in the environment. This means the immune system is activated and goes to battle against the invader, but can never win the battle, because there is no antibody pattern to rid the body of the biotoxins. It is like getting the flu but never getting rid of the virus that is causing it, so you never get better.
Symptoms of Biotoxin Illness
- Muscle Aches
- Muscle Cramps
- Unusual Pain
- Ice Pick Pain
- Light Sensitivity
- Red Eyes
- Blurred Vision
- Sinus Problems
- Shortness of Breath
- Abdominal Pain
- Joint Pain
- Morning Stiffness
- Memory Issues
- Focus/Concentration Issues